[Mailman-Users] Un-subscribe notification

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jan 4 03:19:51 CET 2008

Sarah wrote:

>I never saw a log for bounces in the admin interface. I looked under bounce processing and never saw it.

Because Mailman's logs are not available in the web admin interface.
They are global logs and are thus only available to people who can
access the underlying file system on the host machine.

>If I get  in to this
>situation  this usser is in where is hte log loacated so I may find it. I don't run the ist from my  own machine. it is run by a
>web service provider.

You don't really need access to the bounce log. That is only to find
out after the fact what happened. If you turn on the
bounce_notify_owner_on_disable notification, you will get a notice
when the member's delivery is first disabled due to bouncing, which
should be all you need to determine if the member's address is in fact
not good before the member is removed as long as
bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings is > 0.