[Mailman-Users] Mailman won't 'start' - but is working?

Sun Jan 6 19:15:07 CET 2008

Anyone? This is actually now a little worse - I updated the kernel (from
2.6.17 to 2.6.23), and mailman still won't start (gives me the [ !! ]
error when I issue the /etc/init.d/mailman start command anad at boot
time) - but now, the qrunner obviously isn't starting either, because
the lists weren't responding until I issued a manual (as root)
"/usr/lib64/mailmanctl -s start", after which all pending messages are
delivered.

I really need a little help here... could this be some kind of
permissions or path problem? The location of the /bin dorectory was
changed in this package update... where would I check the path of the
'bin' directory? Although, I did try to change the init script path to
the full /usr/lib64/mailman/bin/mailmanctl path...

check_perms shows no problems...

Init script is shown below... this is on a Gentoo box, and I've asked on
their forums, but thought I'd ask here too...

--

Best regards,

Charles