[Mailman-Users] Include Mailman into my website...

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Jan 6 22:49:15 CET 2008

Bernd wrote:
>My friend use command line scripts
>(http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/site.html) to subscribe/unsubscribe
>the users through his website to Mailman.
>I am not able to use this scripts and had to use the email interface

You need to use a php or CGI script on your web site to post a mass
subscribe transaction to the list's admin interface. See some of the
hits from
for more information.

>But here is the problem. The email interface doesn't take care of the
>senders address. If I use the email interface with the administrative
>e-mail address (this e-mail address is used to log-in into the mailing
>list administration) the behavior is the same as if I use it with an
>normal user e-mail address.
>But I would like to subscribe an user without "subscribe_policy". If the
>list-manager send an subscription the user should be subscribed
>immediately without confirm/approve - option.
>Is it possible to make the listname-request at domain.com logic only
>available for the list-manager?
>What's the purpose of the list-manager e-mail address except for log-in?

The 'owner' and 'moderator' addresses are the addresses to which
Mailman sends certain notices and other mail. Otherwise, there is
nothing special about these addresses. See

The email command interface is designed for list members. It is not
intended to ba a facility for administering a list.