[Mailman-Users] Variables in welcome message are not replaced

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Mon Jan 7 01:17:07 CET 2008

On 1/7/08, Stefan Burkard wrote:

>  I posted the following about two weeks ago. Can anybody help me
>with this one?

Two things:

1.  You're using Plesk.  You need to talk to your provider about
anything that might potentially be caused by Plesk or the customized
version of Mailman that they have installed.  The kinds of problems
you're describing seem very likely to me to be a result of something
that Plesk or your site administrator has done, and only your
provider would be able to fix those problems.

See also FAQ 6.15 at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq06.015.htp>.

2.  You're using Mailman 2.1.5, and the current version of Mailman is
2.1.9 (which is what we're running on python.org), with 2.1.10 in
early beta and set to be released soon.  So, part of your problem
could potentially be resolved by upgrading the version of Mailman
you're running, but then this gets back to point #1 above.