[Mailman-Users] bots subscribing to lists via web forms toavoidmember-only restrictions

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Mon Jan 7 07:14:05 CET 2008

On 1/6/08, Sarah wrote:

>  Nor I. I have a double opt in for muy list. I get no spam what so ever.

Double opt-in doesn't necessarily mean that you won't ever get spam,
it just means that you apparently haven't gotten any spam yet.

Moreover, the fact that you have not yet gotten any spam that has
gotten through your filters and sent out via your mailing list is not
necessarily due to the fact that you have a double opt-in list,
although this is probably one factor to consider.