[Mailman-Users] Mailman won't 'start' - but is working?

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Mon Jan 7 22:53:04 CET 2008

On 1/7/08, Charles Marcus wrote:

>  I'm trying to be patient, but NO ONE has a clue or idea where I might
>  look to solve this?
>
>  I've asked here because I'm getting deafening silence on the Gentoo
>  forums too...

Everything I've seen on this subject leads me to believe that the
problems you're having are more to do with discrepancies between the
portage system you're using, the startup scripts that they provide,
kernel updates you've applied, etc....

None of the specific error messages or startup scripts you've
reported on are actually coming from Mailman itself -- they're coming
from Gentoo-specific tools, and we're not going to be able to help
you with those.

This would explain why you haven't seen any messages from anyone else
that are in response to your posts -- all your questions seem to be
very Gentoo-specific, and don't really have anything to do with
Mailman itself.

Our Mailman-specific troubleshooting processes are described in the
FAQ Wizard, and if you search for "troubleshoot", you should turn
them up.

In particular, before we would be likely to be able to provide any
assistance to you, we would need to know what is showing up in all
your various Mailman and MTA logs, especially regarding the startup
process.

Make sure to also check out the other FAQ Wizard entries that are
referenced at the top of FAQ 4.78.