[Mailman-Users] Issue with set up

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Jan 15 23:47:59 CET 2008

Ocean-Fire wrote:
> Hello,
> I am currently the list admin for a small email list I host via my website
> for a Dinner group.
> We had been previously contacting every invitee separately and I decided to
> streamline the process a bit.
> So I subscribed all the folks who attend our dinners and receive invites
> privately.
>
> This is an example of the email headers I received on all the confirmations
> of subscription when that task was completed:
> From: mailman-bounces at fireandwatersundries.com
> To: monthlypagandinner-owner at fireandwatersundries.com
> Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 11:26:33 -0700
>
> <monthlypagandinner_fireandwatersundries.com.fireandwatersundries.com>
> Sender: mailman-bounces at fireandwatersundries.com
>

> The headers on all subsequent email exhibit the same language.
> As well within the body of all emails:

For the list footer as attachment issue, see
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.039.htp>.

What is the other issue? Is it the '-bounces' address? This is so
bounces can be processed automatically. The 'on behalf of' is a
Microsoft Outlook (and possibly other MUAs) issue See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq02.003.htp>.
If that doesn't address your issue, please be more specific as to what
the issue is.