[Mailman-Users] Mailman Constipation

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Jan 17 23:53:45 CET 2008

McNutt Jr, William R wrote:
> I have a recurring problem with my mailman server.  It keeps getting
> constipated.  E-mails will pile up, un-served.  Stopping and re-starting
> mailman clear out the que.
> When I stop and start it, I get the following messages.
> # bin/mailmanctl stop
> Shutting down Mailman's master qrunner
> No child with pid: 1711
> [Errno 3] No such process
> Stale pid file removed.
> # bin/mailmanctl start
> Starting Mailman's master qrunner.

Your mailmanctl master and one or more qrunner processes are dying.

See <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.078.htp>.

Next time it happens, check to see which Mailman processes are still
runninng if any. If there are any, see
about stopping them all before starting Mailman again.

Also check Mailman's qrunner and error logs and system logs for clues as
to why/how they died.