[Mailman-Users] Mailman Constipation

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Jan 17 23:53:45 CET 2008

McNutt Jr, William R wrote:
> I have a recurring problem with my mailman server.  It keeps getting
> constipated.  E-mails will pile up, un-served.  Stopping and re-starting
> mailman clear out the que.
>
> When I stop and start it, I get the following messages.
>
> # bin/mailmanctl stop
> Shutting down Mailman's master qrunner
> No child with pid: 1711
> [Errno 3] No such process
> Stale pid file removed.
> # bin/mailmanctl start
> Starting Mailman's master qrunner.

Your mailmanctl master and one or more qrunner processes are dying.

See <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.078.htp>.

Next time it happens, check to see which Mailman processes are still
runninng if any. If there are any, see
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.068.htp>
about stopping them all before starting Mailman again.

Also check Mailman's qrunner and error logs and system logs for clues as
to why/how they died.