[Mailman-Users] great. no gmane

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Fri Jan 18 00:54:59 CET 2008

On 1/18/08, jidanni at jidanni.org wrote:

>  I find it only natural to read mailing lists via NNTP/gnus/Gmane.org.
>  I can't imagine reading mailman-users via my little mailbox.
>
>  However we *denied* gmane:

Gmane shot themselves in the foot.  Repeatedly.  If they had
contacted us beforehand, we might have been more accommodating.
Since they repeatedly ignored their own procedures in this regard, we
have no choice but to prohibit them from providing any kind of NNTP
gateway services for this list.

By all rights, they should be banned from providing any NNTP gateway
services for any list hosted at python.org, but I have not pushed
that issue.  At least, not yet.