[Mailman-Users] Script

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Fri Jan 18 17:03:17 CET 2008

On 1/18/08, Matt Zimmerman wrote:

>  I am using mailman 2.18 and I have about 2,000 lists. I was wondering if
>  anybody had a script that would output which lists had messages needing to
>  be moderated.

The mmdsr script that I wrote, and have contributed to the Mailman
project, includes monitoring of which lists have messages waiting to
be moderated as one of the many things it checks on and includes in
the daily report it generates and sends to you.

Mark Sapiro has recently made some modifications to this script to
make it more friendly to installation on various different versions
of Unix and Unix-like OSes which have slightly varying differences in
the behaviour of certain commands like "sort".  Although this script
may also be available elsewhere, this version is included in the
contrib/ directory of version 2.1.10 (which is currently in beta,
waiting for translations to other languages to be completed).