[Mailman-Users] Installation problem - Korean module

henzef at uni-hildesheim.de henzef at uni-hildesheim.de
Mon Jan 21 11:24:28 CET 2008

Hello,

i have got an old, but special problem with the installation of mailman. I
found older mails on this list of it, but there was no solution for. I
tried to install the mailman on the uni server with Solaris 10 and the
recommended python 2.4.4. After configure, make, make install I receive
the following error

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "bin/update", line 46, in ?
import paths
File "/usr/local/mailman/bin/paths.py", line 60, in ?
import korean
ImportError: No module named korean
gmake: *** [update] Error 1

How can I fix it? The python libs for Korean should be included in python
versions since 2.4 and I also try to manually install the cjkcodecs for
python, without any success. Does someone has an idea? I heard of an fixed
makefile, but do not know where to get.

Another way is deactivating the korean module. Is that possible? I do not
found anything in the documentation. Any command or so.

The older discussion can be found here:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2007-September/058397.html

I am looking forward to hear from you.