[Mailman-Users] Problem with mixed up languages

H.F. Harperink herman at farpoint.nl
Tue Jan 22 23:55:15 CET 2008

Hi,

I've pulled my hairs out, stripped the internet and looked into every
corner I could find, but I found nothing on my problem, let alone a
sollution to it.

I use mailman 2.1.5 on Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper and maintain two lists. One in
English, one in German. I tried to update mailman but 2.1.5 seems to be
the latest for Dapper.
Anyway, the admin interface functions with those to languages, though
not everything is translated to German. NOT a problem, I speak both.
But when Germans want to signup to the German list they get confirmation
mails in English though I've set the list to German (the admin interface
is German).
For the Dutch this aint a problem, they al speak English.

Am I doing something wrong here, or is this a typical Mailman problem. I
could find nothing about this anywhere, not even the sourceforge buglist.
If I could I would translate the needed files myself, but that does not
seem te be easy to implement myself on the mailman installation.

Please advice.

Regards,
 Herman

And please excuse me if I overlooked that one corner which holds the
answer to the problem, other than this mailinglist.