[Mailman-Users] Specify URL's in confirmation e-mail?

Jon Slater jon.slater at mesanetworks.net
Wed Jan 23 06:29:46 CET 2008

Hi,

I run multiple virtual domains from my server.  For example:
firstdomain.com   seconddomain.org   thirddomain.com

But my server's 'real' name is:   myserver.com

So, of course, in my mm_cfg.py I have:

DEFAULT_URL_HOST = "www.myserver.com"

DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = "myserver.com"

When someone signs-up for "members at firstdomain.com", or
"board at seconddomain.org" the confirmation e-mail says (paraphrased):

     To confirm, simply reply to this message w/ subject intact, or visit
this webpage:

http://www.myserver.com/mailman/confirm/members/02349f9a809d0863879cb3242348
79

First, I get it...  I understand where the "www.myserver.com" is coming
from.  But is there a way, when someone signs-up for a firstdomain.com
mailing list, that the e-mail say
"http://www.firstdomain.com/mailman/confirm/members/4712...09847"?

All of my domains 'work'.  That is, I can access mailman web pages using any
of my domain names, and if I cut-n-paste the URL above and replace the
'myserver.com' with 'firstdomain.com' (or 'seconddomain.org'), the
registration still confirms.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
11:04 AM