[Mailman-Users] Problem with fresh installation of mailman

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Jan 24 18:52:14 CET 2008

AlxFrag wrote:
> Hi all,
> i've been using mailman-2.1.9 about a year now without problems.
> I've set up a new mail server (postfix) and installed mailman again.
> I've succesfully created a new list called "mylist".
> But, if i try to send an email to mylist at mydomain postfix replies that
> this user does not exist:
> Jan 24 15:01:41 posidon postfix/virtual[15195]: CCB0E1089AC:
> to=<mylist at mydomain>, relay=virtual, delay=3.1, delays=2.8/0/0/0.34,
> dsn=5.1.1, status=bounced (unknown user: "mylist at mydomain")
> In main.cf i have:
> alias_maps=hash:/usr/local/mailman/data/aliases
> virtual_alias_maps=hash:/usr/local/mailman/data/virtual-mailman
> in mm_cfg.py:
> MTA='Postfix'
> add_virtualhost('mydomain','mydomain')

What are the actual contents of /usr/local/mailman/data/aliases and
/usr/local/mailman/data/virtual-mailman, and do
/usr/local/mailman/data/aliases.db and
/usr/local/mailman/data/virtual-mailman.db exist and have the same or
more recent modification times as the aliases and virtual-mailman files.

If not, does running Mailman's bin/genaliases fix it?