[Mailman-Users] Promotion

Cyndi Norwitz cyndi at tikvah.com
Fri Jan 25 01:22:09 CET 2008

   Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 15:31:48 -0800
   From: Allan Hansen <hansen at rc.org>

   So I suppose that the best response is to simply ignore requests such as
   this which so obviously is from a spammer.

I disagree.  They shouldn't be ignored.  They should be denounced.

poster had a legit list (or perhaps a list he was told was legit when he
bought it).  I can't imagine this guy is a seasoned spammer with full
knowledge of what he is doing or he wouldn't have posted for help.  If he
wants to do things legally and ethically, it's not too late.  If he
doesn't, well, we're not going to help him with his mailer issues.

Cyndi