[Mailman-Users] Having the Web interface show the same lists with or without the "www." prefix

Raquel raquel at thericehouse.net
Sat Jan 26 20:39:17 CET 2008

On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 13:28:10 -0600
Paul Kleeberg <paul at fpen.org> wrote:

> Raquel,
> That is a good question.  I tried a server alias but that did not
> seem to work with Apache 2.2 (I think it did with 1.3 but who
> knows! my memory ain't what is used to be).  All other web pages
> would work except for the Mailman lists.
> However, after having a Java Stout (my favorite mid-day beverage)
> and a slice of pizza (stimulated the dormant coding neurons in my
> brain) I was struck by the obvious:
>    Redirecting www.domain.com/mailman/ to domain.com/mailman/
> All is well.  Thanks for the input!
> Paul
> --

Just for a point of reference, I use Apache 2.2 and I use the server
alias directive on all my servers ... without any rewriting rules.
But, if what you did works, then why mess with it?

We cannot learn from one another until we stop shouting at one
another, until we speak quietly enough so that our words can be heard
as well as our voices.

  --Richard M. Nixon