[Mailman-Users] spamassassin sendmail virtualusers and mail lists

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Sun Jan 27 00:08:08 CET 2008

On 1/26/08, Noah wrote:

>  any clues how I can get my specific procmailrc file to run the mailman
>  mail-wrapper with the group mailnull.

That sounds like a procmail question you should ask on their mailing
lists.  We don't do procmail -- we do Mailman.

>                                         Is there something funky I can do
>  to my /etc/groups ?

Nope.

>                       Maybe I could recompile my program with the mailman
>  wrapper with two mailman gids?

Not possible.  A person can be listed in multiple groups (and switch
between which group is considered the "active one"), but each file
can have one and only one group id.

The long and short of it is that spam tagging filtering should be
done in the MTA (not procmail), before the message gets delivered to
Mailman.  Once Mailman receives the message, you can use the internal
features to do further anti-spam processing based on tags that were
placed on the message within the MTA.

Note that procmail should never be part of that pipeline.