[Mailman-Users] Post number in subject line

Tokio Kikuchi tkikuchi at is.kochi-u.ac.jp
Mon Jan 28 03:40:27 CET 2008

> Hello all,
>
> Is there anyone know how to show the post number in subject line? This number
> will be increased every time the member post something to the list. I have
> tried to search through Mailman's settings but seem no luck.

What is the version of your mailman?  Subject numbering feature was
introduced in 2.1.6.  You will see the following info in
admin->subject_prefix->detail page, if your version supports numbering:

You can also add a sequencial number by %d substitution directive. eg.;
[listname %d] -> [listname 123] (listname %05d) -> (listname 00123)

Cheers,

Tokio Kikuchi, tkikuchi at is.kochi-u.ac.jp
http://weather.is.kochi-u.ac.jp/