[Mailman-Users] Changing base URL for HTML GUI

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Jan 28 05:54:27 CET 2008

Terry Allen wrote:

>	In the administration & general GUI HTML pages, if I go to
>the URL & enter the password, it will then redirect me to a different
>URL that starts with the hostname of the server - for example:
>
>http://domain.com/mailman/admin/listname (then I log in to the
>Mailman admin interface)
>
>Click a link such as General Options which will redirect to:
>
>http://hostname.domain.com/mailman/listname/general (also prompting
>me to relogin with password details)
>
>	I wonder if someone could direct me as to where to correct
>this so it doesn't redirect to the server's hostname - all other
>lists on the server work fine. I am guessing this will be somewhere
>within the config for the list but I don't want to be playing around
>& ruin something. Many thanks for any assistance.

The http://hostname.domain.com/mailman/ part of that comes from a
hidden list attribute named web_page_url. To change this, you can run

  bin/withlist -l -r fix_url listname -u domain.com

See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?query=web_page_url&querytype=simple&casefold=yes&req=search>
for more details.