[Mailman-Users] korean error

Rod@freeserve rod at coate.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Jan 28 08:34:21 CET 2008

I had this problem with RHEL 5, Python 2.4.3 and Mailman 2.1.9.

If you don't need Korean support, here is a workround.
Remove or comment out two lines in misc/paths.py.in before running configure..

First comment out

        import korean

Then comment out

        import korean.aliases

- otherwise you will get the same error for this file as well.

I did not need support for Korean language and/or character set.
Mailman configure and make install worked fine after that, and the installed system
appears to be OK.

I assume that the pre-installed Python on my system did not have Korean language support
installed. It would have been difficult for me to fix the Python libraries - it was easy
to remove Korean support from Mailman.