[Mailman-Users] Mailman installation and WestHost account upgrade

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Mon Jan 28 17:10:35 CET 2008

Odieresis [Gmail] writes:

 > I'm a newbie and I'm experiencing problems after my provider changed my
 > account.
 >
 > I can't restart Mailman list service via SSH after West Host provider
 > upgraded my account to 3.0.

This is a provider problem, not a Mailman problem.  Talk to your
provider.

If you installed Mailman yourself, the most likely cause of the
"command not found" message is that mailmanctl is a Python script
whose shebang is specific to a Python version which has been removed.
You should reinstall Mailman as this is likely to be a pervasive issue
throughout the scripts.

If your Mailman is less than the most recent, you should probably
upgrade as well.  Older Mailman installations may not cope well with
Python 2.5.