[Mailman-Users] Problem Bounce Processing Category

Barry Finkel b19141 at britaine.ctd.anl.gov
Tue Jan 29 16:10:56 CET 2008

"Roberto Gherardi" <roberto.gherardi at gmail.com> wrote:

>I have a problem with   Bounce Processing Category's configuration. With
>this  configutation :
>

>*bounce_processing  =  yes
>
>**bounce_score_threshold = 2.0
>
>**bounce_info_stale_after = 365
>
>**bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings = 2
>
>**bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings_interval = 5
>
>**bounce_unrecognized_goes_to_list_owner = yes
>
>**bounce_notify_owner_on_disable = yes
>
>**bounce_notify_owner_on_removal = yes
>
>with this configuration after
>

>The users which exceed the **bounce_score_threshold = 2.0 should be disabled
>but it doesn't  happen automatically .  How can I resolve  this problem ?

What is not happening that you think should be happening?  I believe
what should occur is this - after the bounce_score reaches 2.0,
the subscriber is set to NOMAIL.  Then Mailman will send two
"Your subscription is NOMAIL" warning messages to the subscriber.
You have

     bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings_interval = 5

so there will be an additional 10 days (2 warning messages sent to the
subscriber) delay.  If there is no reply to the second warning message,
then finally the e-mail address will be unsubscribed from the list.
Look at the list membership and see if the e-mail address in question
has been set to NOMAIL [B].  I do not know the interval between the
bounce_score reaching 2.0 and the sending of the first warning
message.
Barry S. Finkel
Building 222, Room D209              Internet: BSFinkel at anl.gov