[Mailman-Users] Apache and pipermail 403 issues

Robert Campbell rcampbel at eng.utoledo.edu
Wed Jul 2 18:31:31 CEST 2008

Currently when ever I try to get to the mailman archives for any of the
mailing lists I revcive a 403 error.
When I check the apache error log i see the following line:

[Wed Jul 02 10:28:52 2008] [error] [client <some ip>] client denied by
server configuration: <var-install-location>/archives/public/

The Private folder is owned by what apache runs under.

Also the apache config file has

Alias /pipermail/ <var-install-location>/archives/public/

<Directory <var-install-location>
AllowOverride   All
Options +FollowSymLinks
AddDefaultCharset Off
</Directory>

<Directory <install-prefix>>
AllowOverride   All
Options +FollowSymLinks
AddDefaultCharset Off
</Directory>

ScriptAlias /mailman/ "<prefix>/cgi-bin/"
 <Directory <prefix>/cgi-bin>
AllowOverride All
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

Apache version: 2.2.6
Mailman version: 1.1.11rc1

If there are any ideas on how to fix this please let me know.

Thanks