[Mailman-Users] Feature Request: Selective Mass Subscription

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Thu Jul 10 20:20:01 CEST 2008

Cyndi Norwitz wrote:

> P.S. I still don't understand why they insist on an invite model.

Because all it takes is one listowner that doesn't understand and does a
mass subscribe of a number of people, some of those people complain and then
the entire ISP gets blacklisted.  And some blacklists you simply cannot
*EVER* get them to remove you.

Personally, I would be happy to see the "mass subscribe" feature go away
completely from the web interface of Mailman, or at least disabled by
default.  But then I've been fighting spam since the time I was the Sr.
Internet Mail Administrator at AOL in '95, and this is a subject that I feel
very strongly about.