[Mailman-Users] Stumped on a archive move

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Thu Jul 10 22:18:49 CEST 2008

Melinda Gilmore wrote:

> Ok, I move an example list and the archive called zos to a new mailman
> server.   When I copy the archive over zos.mbox and then try to run the
> bin/arch,   I am getting an error of:
>
> Cannot open mbox file archives/private/zos.mbox/zos.mbox: [Errno 2] No such
> file or directory: 'archives/private/zos.mbox/zos.mbox'
>
> I am confused on trying to fix this.   It is adding another zos.mbox at the
> end.

That's correct.  The actual mbox-format "raw" archive is stored with the
filename of "list.mbox", but then this mbox is stored in a directory by the
same name.

Believe me, it can be very confusing.

>       If I try to go to the administrative pages and click on list archives,
> it goes to a website of http://listservername instead of the
> https://listservernamethat it should go to.

That sounds like a list configuration issue that needs to be resolved with
fix_list, and should be discussed in the FAQ.