[Mailman-Users] Upgrade questions - Best method suggestions requested

Larry Stone lstone19 at stonejongleux.com
Wed Jul 16 13:50:25 CEST 2008

On 7/16/08 12:57 AM, Brad Knowles at brad at shub-internet.org wrote:

> On 7/15/08, Drew Tenenholz wrote:
>
>>  1) Are there any significant changes to the FAQ for Apple upgrade I
>>  should know about?
>
> The Apple-related portion of the documentation has been contributed
> by other members of the community, so if you haven't seen any updates
> there, it is *NOT* safe to assume that the instructions are still
> valid.  You could always try them and report back your experiences,
> and maybe hope that someone will be able to update the documentation
> to reflect that.

As the author of the document referenced in the FAQ on installing Mailman on
client Mac OS X, there are some significant changes for Leopard. I posted an
update on 10/29/07 titled "Mac OS X Leopard upgrade experience" which should
be findable in the archives.

I do have one ongoing problem which is the Mailman startup, when started as
part of system boot, fails about 2/3 of the time with the "stray process"
message mentioned in the note referenced above. My "solution" to it is a
cron job that runs hourly to alert me to missing qrunners (which obviously
is useful for other mailman problems as well) and manually starting it when
necessary.

--
Larry Stone
lstone19 at stonejongleux.com