[Mailman-Users] My issue with using web server on the server to get to mailman

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Fri Jul 18 05:27:27 CEST 2008

Mike Brown writes:

 > I then changed the hosts file to look like:
 > mrvideo vidiot.com www.vidiot.com loghost

Are you sure isn't the DSL box? is grabbed
for themselves by many DSL boxes.  But whatever.

Anyway, changing that to should do what you want; the DSL
box can't get its hands on that since it never leaves the local host
at all.

 > I really do not want to spend money on a router to do a simple thing that
 > can be done in software.  That is just plain overkill.

Yeah, but it shouldn't be done in Mailman.  That's just going to add
confusing, potentially buggy code for a task that should be arranged
by the host OS for best results (including making the meaning of tests