[Mailman-Users] header showing in message body, moderation notifications

Michael Welch mwelch at redwoodalliance.org
Tue Jul 29 04:26:22 CEST 2008

Hi Mark.

Mark Sapiro wrote at 06:05 PM 7/28/2008:

>Michael Welch wrote:
>>
>>Terri Oda wrote at 03:10 PM 7/28/2008:
>>
>>>It's right on the front page:
>>>
>>>"Should the list moderators get immediate notice of new requests, as
>>>well as daily notices about collected ones?
>>>(Details for admin_immed_notify)"
>>>
>>>Set that to "yes" and you're good to go!
>>>
>>> Terri
>>
>>Are you sure that is for moderated messages, or is that for requests to join?
>>
>>Mine is set to yes, and I do not get immediate message moderation notices.
>
>It's for all moderator requests.
>
>If it is set to Yes, and you get some owner notices, but not held
>posts, there must be some modification in your Mailman installation.

Yikes, that would be weird. Unless there is a perceived threat on DreamHost's part, I cannot imagine them modifying that.

Well, it probably will be no big deal, I had the whole list on Emergency Moderation until folks got used to the switchover from Topica. I turned that off this morning, and very few of the members are on individual moderation.

Hmmm, do you suppose there is something in Emergency Moderation that causes individual moderation notices to not be sent?

Michael Welch, volunteer
Redwood Alliance
PO Box 293
Arcata, CA 95518