[Mailman-Users] Trouble setting up Mailman 2.1.9 Web Interface(FreeBSD 7.0 Ports)

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Jun 3 20:37:24 CEST 2008

Mark Hennessy wrote:

>I looked in the log files that live in
>/usr/local/mailman/logs and in the web server logs and mail server
>logs and find nothing of consequence to explain this issue.

Does the web server log show the POST request from submitting the form?

>I am able
>to go to the configuration web pages, log in with the passwords that I
>set at the command line, change form fields and submit the form.  When
>I submit the form, I get prompted twice via what appaer to be
>javascript popups regarding the data submission being non-secure (even
>though this is an https URL) and then get returned to the form page.

Mailman doesn't have any javascript or anything else to generate
popups. These are most likely coming from your browser itself because
you haven't fixed the list's web_page_url to be https, so the form's
post action URL is still http.

>What FAQ or Wiki may touch upon these issues?  I haven't found
>anything googling around.

See steps 2. and 3. at
<http://wiki.list.org/display/DOC/Securing+Mailman%27s+web+GUI+by+using+Secure+HTTP-SSL>.