[Mailman-Users] Messages have stopped getting delivered to mailinglists

Williams, Theona tw150001 at ncr.com
Fri Jun 6 13:08:41 CEST 2008

Here is what I see in the vette log.
Jun 05 14:51:22 2008 (29076) Mailman post from held, message-id=n/a:
Message has implicit destination

~

When I run /u001/mailman/mail/mailman post mailman </dev/null
I receive the following message

Group mismatch error.  Mailman expected the mail

wrapper script to be executed as group "mail", but

the system's mail server executed the mail script as

group "mailman".  Try tweaking the mail server to run the

script as group "mail", or re-run configure,

providing the command line option `--with-mail-gid=mailman'.

I am a bit skeptical to act on this error since I am getting the exact
same error on my test mailman server which works fine. Also, running the
./configure will erase many of the changes that I have made manually in
several files. Any suggestions?

Theona Williams