[Mailman-Users] Mailman and virtual mailhosting (postfix)

Jens Meyer jm2 at jensmeyer.de
Thu Jun 12 17:02:14 CEST 2008

After several researches with Google and archives of mailinglists please
allow me to contact you via this mailinglist.

Our postfix-mailserver hosts several domains (virtual mailhosting,
postfix/mysql) and "mailman".

The "primary domain" myserver.de is a virtualized domain also. So this
domain is not listed in mydestination:
myhostname = mail.myserver.de
mydomain   = myserver.de
myorigin   = $mydomain

mydestination = $myhostname, localhost

As far as I understand mailman forwards all emails to the "primary
domain" (mydomain) and mailman is only working if I add $mydomain to

But when doing this there are warnings from postfix that it is not
allowed to list the domain in the virtual aliases (mysql-database) and
in relay_domains.

Is there any possiblity to configure mailman to forward the emails in
./data/virtual-mailman not to "testliste2 at myserver.de" but to
"testliste2 at mail.myserver.de"?

My actual config is:
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'mail.myserver.de'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'lists.myserver.de'
DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/mailman/'

MTA = 'Postfix'
POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['lists.myserver.de']

Or am I missing an important point?

Kind regards,