[Mailman-Users] Need Configuration Help: Non-Members/Members Send filtering are Off/Accept, but email are still pending administrative approval

Columbus Hash House Harriers admin at columbushash.com
Thu Jun 12 21:16:04 CEST 2008

Hello everyone,

This is a very quick question and hopefully you can assist me.

Am I completely missing something with Privacy Option Setting?

So I have search through mailman FAQs, the Net, some third party forums, and
even though solution seems to be obvious it doesn't work for my list:

Setup:

I have a member subscribed as a at hisdomain.com
His "mod" flag is set to 0 (Unchecked)

*My Settings:*
Privacy Options >> Send Filters >> Member filters:
Should new list member posting be moderated? set to *No
*Action to take when moderated member posts to the list: set to *Hold

*Privacy Options >> Send Filters >> Non-member filter:
Action to take for postings from non-members for which no explicit action is
defined: set to *Accept

*Everything else is set for default.

Anytime either a at hisdomain.com (member) or b at guestdomain.com (non-member)
sends post to x at mydomain.com (list) a message, it's held for moderators
approval.

Why?

Is there option I am completely missing?

P.S. Just for trouble shooting reasons, I played with options a little bit:

I've tried setting Member Filter >> Moderated to *Yes *, and tried for
member's flag both checked and unchecked. Neither works. In all variance of
settings, it requires Moderator's approval. I even set to Accept Messages
from NON members, and it still doesn't let me send without moderators
approval.

can you please assist, or point me in the right direction?

Thank you very much
Michael

*
*