[Mailman-Users] procmail before mailman- closer!

washakie washakie at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 20:54:19 CEST 2008

Mark Sapiro-3 wrote:

> In any case, if you ran configure, or if your packager was kind enough
> to provide you with the package's config.log, you'll find the
> configure options there. If all else fails, the expected group is in
> the error message from the wrapper if you get it wrong (you can just
> run '/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post x' as a non-mailman,
> unprivileged user to see the error message).

Thanks. It appears:
Group mismatch error. Mailman expected the mail wrapper script to be
executed as one of the following groups:
[mail, postfix, mailman, nobody, daemon],
but the system's mail server executed the mail script as group: "users".
Try tweaking the mail server to run the script as one of these groups:
[mail, postfix, mailman, nobody, daemon],
or re-run configure providing the command line option:
'--with-mail-gid=users'.

That my settings are okay with the file gid being mailman... I'm thinking
now it is something that Postfix is unhappy with (I've cross posted this
thread there now too).