[Mailman-Users] procmail before mailman- closer!

washakie washakie at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 20:54:19 CEST 2008

Mark Sapiro-3 wrote:
> In any case, if you ran configure, or if your packager was kind enough
> to provide you with the package's config.log, you'll find the
> configure options there. If all else fails, the expected group is in
> the error message from the wrapper if you get it wrong (you can just
> run '/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post x' as a non-mailman,
> unprivileged user to see the error message).

Thanks. It appears:
Group mismatch error. Mailman expected the mail wrapper script to be
executed as one of the following groups:
[mail, postfix, mailman, nobody, daemon],
but the system's mail server executed the mail script as group: "users".
Try tweaking the mail server to run the script as one of these groups:
[mail, postfix, mailman, nobody, daemon],
or re-run configure providing the command line option:

That my settings are okay with the file gid being mailman... I'm thinking
now it is something that Postfix is unhappy with (I've cross posted this
thread there now too).

Sent from the Mailman - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.