[Mailman-Users] Temporarily turn off Mailman

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jun 13 21:49:27 CEST 2008

washakie wrote:

>Is there a way to 'shutdown' a list temporarily so that I can be assured
>Mailman is not interefering at all with the mail delivery?

Mailman's 'bin/mailmanctl stop' or 'service mailman stop' will stop
Mailman's qrunners so Mailman will not process or send any mail, but
Mailman normally has nothing to do with incoming mail in any case. It
is strictly up to the incoming MTA and any process it invokes to
ultimately pipe the mail to Mailman's mail/mailman wrapper. Only then,
will it be queued for Mailman to process further.