[Mailman-Users] List set to moderated being moderated

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Jun 23 16:50:38 CEST 2008

Abdul Javid wrote:

>Reason is "Post by moderated member"
>
>Individual bit for all members is cleared off ( not to be moderated )

Actually, even though I suggested it, "Post by moderated member" is not
a reason. Possible reasons are "Post to moderated list" and "Posting
to a moderated newsgroup". If the reason is "Post to moderated list",
I think it must be because the poster's 'mod' flag is set.

If the reason is "Posting to a moderated newsgroup", check the web
admin setting of Mail<->News gateways->news_moderation. This should be
None unless the list is actually a gateway to a news group that the
list serves as 'moderator' for.