[Mailman-Users] Feature Request: Selective Mass Subscription

Cyndi Norwitz cyndi at tikvah.com
Tue Jun 24 21:24:48 CEST 2008

   Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 11:51:02 -0700
   From: Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net>

   I can see that actual site settings something like

   MAXIMUM_LIST_OWNER_SUBSCRIBES = 10
   LIST_OWNER_SUBSCRIBE_WINDOW = days(7)

   to allow at most 10 subscribes in any 7 day period, might be an
   alternative that ISPs would use, but OTOH, I think that an ISP that
   choses to disable mass subscribe has likely done this in response to
   large ISP/email services that demand that lists be fully confirmed
   opt-in in order to be whitelisted, so they may not be willing to allow
   even that.

   Before I invest any effort in implementing such an option, I'd be
   interested in an opinion from your ISP as to whether they would use it.

Thank you, Mark.  Something like this would be perfect.  I just posted to
my ISP's usenet group where they have discussions like this.  I will let
you know what they say.

Cyndi