[Mailman-Users] exim testing error

Vidiot brown at mrvideo.vidiot.com
Mon Jun 30 19:32:11 CEST 2008

Mark responded:

>What you said was "I'm using the printed copy, placed into a binder.
>Used the text version to cut-n-paste from.", and I concluded you meant
>the .txt file was in your binder.

True.  I failed to indicate the source of my printout.

>I never noticed this before as I don't use the .pdf version. All the
>versions (HTML, .dvi, .txt, .pdf and .ps) are produced from the same
>.tex source using LaTeX and other document processing tools. For some
>reason, the numeric indicators are left off of third level headings in
>both the .pdf and the .ps, but not the HTML or .txt (I don't know
>about the .dvi - I don't have a viewer handy).

Usually the PostScript output is used to create PDFs.  It has been a really
long time since I took a LaTeX file and created anything from it.  I thought
the DVI was used to create the PS file.  If it is also used to create the
HTML and TXT files, i.e., the source for creation of those files, then it
is OK.  If only used to create the PS file, then it might be suspect.

Someone on this list that knows LaTeX extremely well, might be able to figure
what needs to change in the TEX file so those level headings aren't lost.

I prefer to print from PDF because one gets all the formatting that way :-)

MB
--
e-mail: vidiot at vidiot.com                                /~\ The ASCII
[I've been to Earth.  I know where it is.         ]      \ / Ribbon Campaign