[Mailman-Users] Whitelisting members of sublists?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Mar 1 23:41:10 CET 2008

Kelly Jones wrote:

>I have a list X that contains two sub-lists: Y and Z.
>The members of Y can post to Y w/o being held, and the members of Z
>can post to Z w/o being held.
>However, if a Y member posts to X, his message is held, since he's not
>directly on X (he's on Y, which is on X, so he's only indirectly on X).
>Is there an easy fix for this? Does Mailman understand the concept of
>"sublists", or does it treat sublists as just regular email addresses?

Mailman treats sublists as just regular email addresses.

There is a patch at
which allows you to put for example, @Y and @Z in list X's
accept_these_nonmembers. This will do what you want, although you may
also need to put @Y in Z's accept_these_nonmembers and vice versa.

This feature is in the base for Mailman 2.1.10 (now in beta).