[Mailman-Users] Preserve HTML format while scrubbing file attachments

Darrell Burkey techmgr at case.org.au
Sun Mar 9 02:47:15 CET 2008

I have spent years campaigning against HTML email so I can't believe I'm
asking this but no accounting for the wishes of users. :-(

I've read the FAQs until my eyes are square and I can see some discussions
in the mailing list archives but no definitive answer to essentially this
post in 2006:

http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users@python.org/msg40147.html

which asks if there is a way to preserve html formatted messages while still
having file attachments scrubbed? I don't think the replies to the above
message really understood what was being asked as I'm not worried about the
archives at this point in time, rather I just want a message that a user
sends that contains html formatting to retain that formatting and have any
file attachment sent converted to a link (scrubbed).

What I get now if a html email with a file attachment comes through to a
list is a message distributed with the following scrub notifications (and
the message in plain text):