[Mailman-Users] Attachments that will not open.

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Mar 13 01:29:59 CET 2008

Garrett L. Hudson wrote:

>I am receiving "Uncaught bounce notifications" with an attachment that can
>not be opened.  I am assuming this is the original unrecognized bounce but I
>can not verify.  Any chance anyone has seen this before?

Yes. The actual message which cannot be parsed as a bounce notice is
attached as a Content-Type: message/rfc822 MIME part. Apparently your
MUA (Mail User Agent, mail client) does not understand this content
type.

You need to use a different MUA to read this mail. Any MUA that does
recognize 'attachments', but doesn't recognize a message/rfc822 part
as a message that it can display is pretty deficient.

You might try just saving the attachment to a file and then opening it
with a text editor.