[Mailman-Users] Mailman 2.1.10b4 Released

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Mar 14 16:52:57 CET 2008

Jim Popovitch wrote:

>On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 10:26 PM, Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:
>>  I am happy to announce the next beta release of Mailman 2.1.10.
>>
>>  This is a security and bug fix release and it is highly recommended
>>  that all sites upgrade to this version.
>
>Everyone?  Or just 2.1.10 beta testers?
>
>Are you saying that any 2.1.9 or less Mailman systems need to be
>upgraded ASAP to at least 2.1.10b4?

It may be overstated. At a minimum, everyone should be planning to
upgrade to 2.1.10 final when it is available, but the 2.1.10 beta
releases address a security issue that is rather obscure and difficult
to exploit, but which has been publically exposed by the releases
themselves, thus sites which are concerned about this issue should
upgrade now and then again when the final is released.