[Mailman-Users] AttributeError: Message instance has no attribute'get_type'

Grigory Mokhin mokhin at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 17:00:10 CET 2008

On 3/16/08, Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:

> That's not the correct workaround. If you want to work around it, you
>  should change
>

>     elif msg.get_type() == 'multipart/mixed':

>     elif msg.get_content_type() == 'multipart/mixed':

Earlier in Decorate.py there is a line:    msgtype =
msg.get_content_type(), seems pretty much the same thing.

>  The real issue is that there should be a pythonlib/ directory in your
>  $prefix directory, and that in turn should have an email/ directory
>  which is the email 2.5.8 package. This should all have been installed
>  by 'configure','make install' process.

pythonlib/ directory is empty. I see email 2.5.8 gzipped package in
the source misc/ directory, obviously it was not installed by make
install.

>  So, what do you have? What went wrong that you are using the email
>  package from your Python installation instead of Mailman's?

Nothing went wrong. It was installation from src that went fine
without any warnings.

Configure was invoked as ./configure --prefix=/home/mailman
--with-mail-gid=mailman --with-cgi-gid=apache --with-mailhost=xxx
with-urlhost=xxx

Regards,
Grigory