[Mailman-Users] Some detail questions about migrating lists

Frank Griffin ftg at roadrunner.com
Sun Mar 16 23:12:55 CET 2008

Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Frank Griffin wrote:
>

>> It wasn't the addition of ftg at roadrunner.com in the reply-to that made
>> me curious (I can see that this list does that as well), but the fact
>> that the second entry has the correct description but the wrong
>> address.  Referencing my later post, it seems to be getting the address
>>
> >from somewhere external to the actual list profile.
>
>> Where exactly is the authoritative location for these settings ?  I'll
>> print and post them.
>>

> In a standard Mailman, I trust the web GUI to display the correct thing
> in the three settings under "Reply-To: header munging" on the General
> Options page.
>
> If you want to see what's behind that, you can do
>
>   bin/dumpdb lists/webdata/config.pck
>
> and look at the actual values of the three attributes
> first_strip_reply_to, reply_goes_to_list and reply_to_address.

For the webdata list (the ported one):

    'first_strip_reply_to': False,
    'reply_goes_to_list': 1,
    'reply_to_address': '',

Outside of the 'passwords', 'members', and 'users'  keys, the following
keys contain 'frank.griffin at selectbs.com':

    'owner': ['frank.griffin at selectbs.com'],

That's it.

For the ftgtest list (created on the new host):

    'first_strip_reply_to': 1,
    'reply_goes_to_list': 1,
    'reply_to_address': '',

and no mention whatever of the address 'frank.griffin at selectbs.com'.

The mailman list contains:

    'first_strip_reply_to': False,
    'reply_goes_to_list': 0,
    'reply_to_address': '',

FWIW, there was no lists/mailman directory in the copied files.