[Mailman-Users] sync_members command file

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Mar 20 03:08:15 CET 2008

Kory Wheatley wrote:
>Could someone give me an example what the sync_members   file is suppose
>to look like to sync up new email address?  I'm not sure what the
>Sendmail :include: format is.

Blank lines are ignored.

Lines whose first non-whitespace character is '#' are ignored.

The remaining lines contain email addresses, optionally with names, one
address (and name) per line, in any format that can be parsed by
Python's email.Utils.parseaddr() function. See
for some examples.

The name is only significant for members who will be added.