[Mailman-Users] News-gateway

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Fri Mar 28 02:54:42 CET 2008

On 3/27/08, Par Leijonhufvud wrote:

>  Nope, that is there and uncommented. Nor does it make a diffeence when
>  run manually.  I have localhost allowed as per default in INNs
>  readers.conf, and then some special bits to control access to different
>  groups for different users. But the fact that it woerks one way is
>  confusing me; it should work both ways or none AFÅICT (INN newbie
>  though).

Mailman connects to the news server as a regular
user, not as another server.  In other words, it
should log in with the userid and password of a
specific user.  Some news servers direct
server-to-user traffic through certain protocols
on certain servers, and server-to-server traffic
through different protocols to other servers.
Make sure you're using the right protocol with
the right userid and password, to the right
server.