[Mailman-Users] Questions about the use of MailMan

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Mar 31 03:20:05 CEST 2008

Handlebarcorral at aol.com wrote:

>I have two questions.
>1-How do I change the recipients email address to not say the email list
>name? I'd rather it state their unique email address instead.

Set the admin Non-digest options -> personalize to Full personalization.

If you don't see the personalize setting, see
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.015.htp>.

If this is a hosted Mailman installation, the host would have to make
the changes necessary for you to see the personalize setting.

>2-Is there anything I can do so that the emails I send out are not caught  by
>spam? I have recently added all of my email addresses to mailman and I've
>noticed that the responses to my emails and hits to my website have dramatically
> increased since using mailman. I'm afraid that my emails are going into spam
> folders. Any suggestions? I'd like to continue using mailman but I can't if
>my  emails don't go through.

If your responses have increased, why are you afraid your mail isn't
going through? Perhaps you meant 'decreased'?

See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.042.htp>,
but it probably won't be much help. Again, if this is a hosted Mailman
and if the hosting provider cares, it should be up to them to see that
the Mailman mail goes through.