[Mailman-Users] alias question...

Dov Oxenberg boxenberg at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 31 04:51:18 CEST 2008

Hi,
I apologize if this is covered somewhere in the FAQ, I must have missed it.
I think I am pretty close to getting my first list working but having an issue I just cannot seem to work out on my own.
It has to do with postfix not being able to locate the aliases.db and I am getting lots of these in the syslog:
fatal: open database /etc/aliases;hash:/etc/mail/aliases.db: No such file or directory
In looking through the files on my machine, I have an aliases.db under /etc as in /etc/aliases.db and another under /etc/mail/
If I am interpreting the permissions on these aliases.db files, the one under /etc/mail appears to be associated with a smxx account, which I am guessing is Sendmail?  The other one, under the root of /etc is associated with the root user.
I thought Mailman should have configured aliases for me when I installed it???
In any event, how can I fix this problem?
Thanks@!
Dov