[Mailman-Users] misleading description

Zbigniew Szalbot z.szalbot at lc-words.com
Fri May 2 20:46:43 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I wonder if it is possible to change a description which appears on
options page when you try to unsubscribe. Suppose you enter your email
address at the general list information page. Then the options page gets
displayed and you click the Unsubscribe button. There appears a message:

The confirmation email has been sent.

This is all right if you entered the right email address. But if by
mistake you have entered an email address you are not subscribed with,
the page still claims that a confirmation email has been sent but in
fact it hasn't. I have run into this problem recently. I have pressed
the Unsubscribe button a few times and waited for the confirmation
email. However, it has never arrived. Only later did I realize I was
trying to unsubscribe with a wrong email address.

I think a message like "No such address in our database" would be a lot
more helpful. Do you think this could be changed?

Thanks!
--
Zbigniew Szalbot
www.lc-words.com