[Mailman-Users] Running into a coding bug in 2.1.10 and 2.1.10rc1

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue May 6 01:18:17 CEST 2008

ecsd wrote:

>I've tried both 2.1.10rc1 and 2.1.10, running with Python 2.5 on FreeBSD 6.2.
>I'm getting PYTHON errors that suggest code mismatch or something, I installed
>2.1.10rc1 first and then brought over lists and archives from a different host
>running 2.1.5. I did not know what to do to upgrade post-install, then I found
>a note about using "withlist" with "fix_url", but that fails and upon installing
>the earlier version, 2.1.10, telling "update" to FORCE updates, it crashed
>with complaint about "No module named e", as shown below:

2.1.10 should be more recent than 2.1.10rc1.

If you have either one installed, you shouldn't need to run bin/update.
That is only for upgrading an older installation which I assume you
aren't doing.

How did you 'bring over' the 2.1.5 lists?

What you 'should' do (ignoring archives for the moment) is move only
the lists/listname/config.pck for each list. Definitely do not move
any config.db* files as they are from pre 2.1.x and are really out of

It is best if you deal with held messages and pending requests before
moving so you don't need to move lists/listname/pending.pck or

Then if the host names have changed, you need to run fix_url.

If this isn't what you did, remove everything from the lists/listname
directories for the moved lists and move only the config.pck files and
see if that helps.


Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net>        The highway is for gamblers,
San Francisco Bay Area, California    better use your sense - B. Dylan

More information about the Mailman-Users mailing list