[Mailman-Users] Join List Problem

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue May 6 17:26:20 CEST 2008

Bill Honneus wrote:

>I renamed the old mailman folder and restarted both mailman and apache.
>I retried emailing the list using my test-join alias and now got the

Now we're getting somewhere. You have smrsh enabled in sendmail and it
is not allowed to execute the /usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman wrapper.
It probably was allowed to execute the old one which is why you didn't
see this before. I.e. you probably have a symlink from mailman to
/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman is the smrsh directory which needs to be
changed (or added if not there) to go to
/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman.

See <http://www.list.org/mailman-install/node32.html> and/or sec 3 of
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.078.htp>.